Lamar & Hannaford, P.A. is a full service law firm that provides legal services in a broad range of areas to our clients throughout North Mississippi. The firm is located in Senatobia, Mississippi and has three attorneys.
The present law firm was established in 1982 and traces its roots to 1958 when Leon Hannaford, Sr. opened his law office in Senatobia on the second floor of a downtown building. Leon practiced law while also serving in the Mississippi House of Representatives from 1956 to 1964 and as County Attorney for Tate County from 1964 to 1972. After 1972, Leon took a brief break from public service until 1975 when he was elected Chancery Court Judge for the 3rd Chancery Court District serving Desoto, Tate, Panola, Yalobusha, Grenada and Montgomery Counties.
In May of 1982, the firm of Lamar & Lamar was established when Judge Hannaford’s daughter, Ann Hannaford Lamar, and her husband John T. Lamar, Jr. opened the doors to Judge Hannaford’s old law office. In 1985, Judge Hannaford’s oldest son, Leon E. “Eddy” Hannaford, Jr., joined the firm. When Ann left the firm to serve as an assistant district attorney for the 17th Circuit Court District, the firm was given the current name of Lamar & Hannaford, P.A. Upon his retirement from the Chancery bench in 1992, Judge Hannaford returned to the practice of law and joined the firm Of Counsel until his death. In 2007, a third generation entered the practice when John T. “Trey” Lamar, III joined the firm.
Lamar & Hannaford, P.A. is deeply rooted in Northwest Mississippi where we are proud of our reputation of being a small law firm capable of handling a full range of legal services. We strive to meet our central goal of providing exceptional, personal and efficient service as we guide our clients through an increasingly complex legal environment.